martes, 27 de abril de 2021

I SHOT THE SHERIFF / BOB MARLEY / NIVEL 2

                      



shot the sheriff
Le dispare al jefe de (la) policía
But I didn't shoot no deputy
Pero nunca a su ayudante
Oh no! oh!
I shot the sheriff
But I didn't shoot no deputy
Ooh, ooh, oo-ooh) Yeah!
All around in my home town
Por toda mi ciudad
(de residencia)
They're tryin' to track me down
Están tratando de rastrearme
They say they want to bring me in guilty
Dicen que me quieren culpar
For the killing of a deputy
Por haber asesinado al ayudante
(del sheriff)
For the life of a deputy, but I say
Me inculpan por su muerte, y yo digo
Oh, now, now. 
Oh!

(repeat)
(I shot the sheriff.) - the sheriff
Le dispare al sheriff
(But I swear it was in self-defence)
Pero juro que lo hice en defensa propia
Oh, no! (Ooh, ooh, oo-oh)
Yeah! I say, I shot the sheriff
Oh, Lord!
¡Oh, dios mío!
(And they say it is a capital offence)
Y dicen que es un crimen que se paga
con la pena de muerte
Yeah! (Ooh, ooh, oo-oh) Yeah!
Sheriff John Brown always hated me
El sheriff… siempre me odio
For what, I don't know
Por qué, no lo sé
Every time I plant a seed
Cada que sembraba una semilla
(de marihuana)
He said kill it before it grows
Me decía elimínala antes de que crezca
He said kill them before they grow
Quería que las matara antes de haber
nacido
And so…
(Y) así que
Read it in the news:
Leelo en los noticieros:
(I shot the sheriff.) Oh, Lord!
(But I swear it was in self-defence)
Where was the deputy?
¿A dónde estaba el suplente?
= ¿Yo no vi a nadie más?
(Oo-oo-oh) I say: I shot the sheriff
But I swear it was in self-defence
(Oo-oh) Yeah!
Freedom came my way one day
Ya saldré libre algún día
And I started out of town, yeah!
¡Y me iré de la ciudad, sí!
All of a sudden I saw sheriff John Brown
De repente vi al….
Aiming to shoot me down
Apuntando para acabar conmigo
So I shot, I shot
Así que dispare,…
I shot him down and I say:
Le di y dije:
If I am guilty I will pay
Si es que soy culpable
que me condenen
(I shot the sheriff)
But I say (But I didn't shoot no deputy)
Pero como ya dije,…
I didn't shoot no deputy (oh, no-oh), oh no!
(I shot the sheriff)
I did! But I didn't shoot no deputy
Oh! (Oo-oo-ooh)
Reflexes had got the better of me
Mis reflejos son lo mejor de mí
And what is to be must be
Y hay cosas que ya están destinadas
Every day the bucket a-go a well,
Tanto va el cántaro al agua,
One day the bottom a-go drop out
Hasta que un buen día se queda (ahí)
= ya estaba de Dios = destinado
One day the bottom a-go drop out. I say:
I… shot the sheriff. Lord
I didn't shot the deputy. Yeah!
I… (shot the sheriff)
But I didn't shoot no deputy, yeah!
No, yeah!...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario