domingo, 24 de junio de 2012

ALONE AGAIN / GILBERT O´ SULLIVAN / NIVEL 3





In a little while from now
If I’
m not feeling any less sour
I promi
se myself to treat myself
And
visit a nearby tower
And climbing to
the top will throw myself off
In an e
ffort to make it clear to who
E
ver what it’s like when you’re shattered
Left
standing in the lurch at a church
W
here people saying "My God, that’s tough
She'
s stood him up"
No p
oint in us remaining
We may as well go home
As I did on m
y own
Alon
e again, naturally

T
o think that only yesterday
I
was cheerful, bright and gay
L
ooking forward to well wouldn’t do
The role I was about to play
B
ut as if to knock me down
R
eality came around
And with
out so much, as a mere touch
C
ut me into little pieces
L
eaving me to doubt
Tal
k about God and His mercy
Or if He really does exist
W
hy did He desert me in my hour of need
I trul
y am indeed alone again, naturally

It s
eems to me that there are more hearts
bro
ken in the world that can’t be mended
Left una
ttended
W
hat do we do?...

Alon
e again, naturally
No
w looking back over the years
And
whatever else that appears
I remem
ber I cried when my father died
Ne
ver wishing to hide the tears
And at si
xty-five years old
M
y mother, God rest her soul,
C
ouldn’t understand why the only man
S
he had ever loved had been taken
L
eaving her to start with a heart so badly broken
Despit
e encouragement from me
No
words were ever spoken
And w
hen she passed away
I cr
ied and cried all day
Alon
e again, naturally


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario