lunes, 24 de mayo de 2021

 A NEW DAY


Before dawn

My soul is ready to fight

I will leave my cowardice in the dark

Because the new day is about to begin.


I'm going to get better, that's my commitment

A thousand times I'm going to repeat it

Today all my dreams will come true

My great desire to live.


I will look out on the balcony

And in the wind I will write my name without ceasing

And I will tell myself with faith, I am happy

On this day I have to succeed.


And when you feel the infinity of your essence

Absorbed I will think: Thank you Lord

For having given me existence

For giving me the fortune of your love.


How beautiful is the world that you gave us

How sublime your great mercy

I promise you that today I will not be sad

Nor will I look for reasons for discord.


And when contemplating the luminous landscape

Before the mute splendor of creation

My whole being will be filled with joy

And I will flood my heart with peace.


Today I will forgive the one who offends me

Just like the sentence says

And I'm going to help whoever pretends

Ask me in his bitterness for a favor.


Today I'm going to try to be different

With a new vigor, a new yearning

I will make piety triumph over instinct

To climb a rung to heaven.


Before dawn I am ready

To face life with courage

I will gladly accept the sweet challenge

From, every day I will be better.


Victor Manuel Otero Gonzales ...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario